The State of Andhra Pradesh was formed in 1956 by the merger of the Andhra State which was formed in year 1953(By Dividing Madras State) and the Telangana area of the Hyderabad State which was acceded by Govt. of India on 17 Sep 1948 from Nizam.
The High Court stands on the south bank of the River Musi. This is one of the finest buildings in the city, built in red and white stones in Saracenic style, by Nizam VII Mir Osman Ali Khan the ruler of the princely state of Hyderabad
The Plan of the High Court was drawn up by Shankar Lal of Jaipur and the local engineer who executed the design was Mehar Ali Fazil. The construction started on 15 April 1915 and was completed on 31 March 1919. On 20 April 1920 the High Court building was inaugurated by Nizam VII Mir Osman Ali Khan.